SPAN has over 20 years of experience of working with families and children that experience poverty and disadvantage. We can design and deliver training for your organisation.
Occasionally, we also run courses in those areas targeting professionals who want to further their knowledge and understanding of specific issues. These courses are usually held during the school holidays at the Silai Centre.
We have developed particular expertise in the following areas:
- Training for groups of parents in areas such as ESOL (English for Speakers of Other Languages) and Parenting. We have a bank of qualified tutors/facilitators who are able to deliver high quality courses and workshops tailored to the needs of the parents.
- Any issues affecting single parent families and support tailored to their needs
- Research and policy around single parent families
- Participation and user involvement
- Parenting Support
- Parent Abuse
- Father Support
- Supporting parents with language and literacy barriers